AIA East Tennessee is going to the dogs! And cats! We’ve teamed up with Young-Williams Animal Center to help them shelter, rehabilitate and find permanent homes for dogs and cats in Knox County.
You can watch an informational video here.
How it works:
- Pull together a team of designers, builders, animal lovers, and other interested individuals.
- Design and build a doghouse or a cat tree.
- Your team will be paired with a business, where your creation will be displayed. Deliver your abode and let the bidding begin!
- Collect awards for CATegory champions and help Young-Williams raise some DOGgone money for their efforts.
- See your creation provide joy for an animal!
Category must be chosen (Big Dog, Little Dog or Cat Tree) and preliminary designs due, including the dimensions (so Young-Williams can determine where it will be displayed) and if this is for indoor or outdoor use.
Structures finished and delivered to their display locations.
February 22 through March 8
On-line auction is live!
Mardi Growl! Winners of the Awards will be announced. These include Best in Category (Big Dog, Little Dog, Cat Tree) as well as Most Sustainable Design and a People’s Choice Award.
- Your structure should be able to fit (whole or for assembly) through a standard 34” door.
- You will need to deliver your structure to its display site.
- You may need to assist the buyer of your structure in transporting it from the display site or provide them an assembly diagram.
- Materials matter—both for moving and for Most Sustainable Design! What can you keep out of a landfill as you create your structure?
For more information:
Please e-mail Sarah Peacock at [email protected] or call (865) 934-1915, extension 1201.