AIA East Tennessee is going to the dogs! And cats! We’ve teamed up with Young-Williams Animal Center to help them shelter, rehabilitate and find permanent homes for dogs and cats in Knox County.
How it works:
- Pull together a team of designers, builders, animal lovers, and other interested individuals.
- Design and build a doghouse or a cat tree.
- Your team will be paired with a business, where your creation will be displayed. Deliver your abode and let the bidding begin!
- Collect awards for CATegory champions and help Young-Williams raise some DOGgone money for their efforts.
- See your creation provide joy for an animal!
- Your structure should be able to fit (whole or for assembly) through a standard 34” door.
- You will need to deliver your structure to its display site.
- You may need to assist the buyer of your structure in transporting it from the display site or provide them an assembly diagram.
- Materials matter—both for moving and for Most Sustainable Design! What can you keep out of a landfill as you create your structure?
Nov 8th: Registration opens
Dec. 22nd: Registration deadline
Feb 20th: Pet houses complete and ready to deliver
March 5th: Mardi Growl
March 5th -12th: Online auction/voting live
March 14th: Winners of auction and awards announced
For more information:
Please e-mail Sarah Peacock at [email protected] or call (865) 934-1915, extension 221.